What is a Home Inspection?
A home inspection is a systematic, general, objective, visual examination of the physical
structure and systems of a home. An inspection is analogous to getting a “physical” from the family doctor. If problems or symptoms are found, our inspectors may recommend further evaluation by other trained specialists.
Why should I get a Home Inspection?
A home inspection helps buyers and sellers make informed decisions based on objective
information. As a prospective home buyer, buying a home is probably the most important investment you will ever make. Most buyers find it very difficult to remain objective about the home they are about to purchase. Our professional inspectors are able to objectively evaluate the home and put the overall condition of the home into proper perspective. If you are planning to sell your home, a pre-listing inspection can give you the opportunity to make repairs that will put the home in a better selling condition. The inspection can also help the seller substantiate a higher asking price if problems don’t exist or have been corrected.
Your Home Inspection includes* the following major systems:
- Exterior – roof covering, gutters & downspouts, siding & trim, stoops, porches, steps,
walkways, driveways, grading/drainage.
- Interior – windows, doors, flooring, lighting, walls, ceilings.
- Kitchen – appliances, cabinets, counters, flooring, lighting, ventilation.
- Electrical – service supply, overall condition.
- Plumbing – piping, fixtures, water heater, drains, location of main valve.
- Basement & Crawl Space – water seepage, cracks, ventilation, insulation.
- Heating & Air Conditioning – system components, operation, maintenance.
- Structural – interior & exterior walls, roof framing, attic, foundation, settlement
- Safety related hazards.
Why should I choose The Virtus Group for my Home Inspection Company?
The Virtus Group performs home inspections, structural inspections, EIFS inspections, roof inspections, HUD FHA 203k feasibility studies, FHA fee inspections, radon testing, radon migitation, and a range of other services related to home inspections. We are one of the few companies that have approved FHA construction inspectors & 203k consultants. We have a full complement of inspectors ready to serve your inspection and related needs. We can usually schedule your inspection within a few days of your request. Saturday and Sunday inspections are available upon request for no additional fee. Our inspectors comply with the Pennsylvania Home Inspection Law (Act 114) and are members of ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) and/or NAHI (National Association of Home Inspectors).
* All home inspections are performed according to ASHI & NAHI standards of practice. Limitations may apply. Please see our home inspection contract for complete details.